|Posted by Stephen Romero on January 1, 2010 at 6:40 AM|
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
6 cups chicken broth
6 tablespoons flour
2 cups cooked chicken
4-5 tablespoons Ristras de Santa Fe Green Chile Flakes or
2-3 tablespoons Ristras de Santa Fe Green Chile Powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
18 corn tortillas
4 cups grated, sharp cheddar cheese
2 medium onions,chopped
4 cups sour cream
1. Combine 1 ½ cups broth with the flour in a large saucepan.
Add the remaining broth and cook on medium heat until thickened.
2. Stir the chicken, chile and garlic salt into broth and set aside.
3. Heat ½ inch of cooking oil in a heavy pan at medium-high heat.
4. Quickly dip each tortilla into the oil to soften. Drain on paper towels.
5. Combine 2 cups cheese, onion and sour cream in a mixing bowl.
6. Assemble the enchiladas by placing approx. 1/4 cup of sauce on each dinner plate,
followed by a tortilla, 1/4 cup of sauce, and 1/3 cup of sour cream mixture. Top
with remaining sauce and cheese.
7. Place in a 350 degree oven for l5 minutes or until cheese melts.